Staff Software EngineerVolvo CarsJanuary 2019 - Present | Stockholm, Sweden
Providing company-wide technical leadership and guidance within the UI engineering discipline, enabling Volvo Cars to transform into an industry leader in the digital product space.
- Initiating, scaling and future-proofing our UI codebase, strategy and architecture.
- Delivering tools and infrastructure to empower UI engineers across the company.
- Promoting a positive and inclusive UI engineering culture, breaking down silos and enable for cross team collaboration and communication.
- Working in close collaboration with product owners and engineering leads, to help them align with best practices and ship high quality digital products.
- Bridging the gap between Software Engineering and UX/Design.
CTOCarvanroFeburary 2016 - March 2018 | London, UK and Tehran, Iran
Building a peer to peer ride-sharing platform to enable more efficient transportation for commuters in densely populated metropolitan areas in Iran.
- Overall responsible for technical architecture, recruitment, operations, and day-to-day management of the inhouse development team
- As part of the founding team, we raised over $1.5m in venture capital.
- Setting up continuous integration and zero downtime deployment pipeline.
- Selection of technologies used: Node.js, React, React Native, Python, Flask, ElasticSearch, PostgresSQL, Redis, AWS, K8s, Docker and RabbitMQ.
Solutions ArchitectEvil EnterpriseSeptember 2013 - December 2018 | All over the place
Running my own consultancy agency. Helping clients solve problems that required a deep domain knowledge of web technologies and UI software engineering.
- Helping clients such as Volvo, Husqvarna, Digitas LBi with various projects
Lead Front-End DeveloperSaltsideAugust 2011 - September 2013 | Gothenburg, Sweden
Saltside builds online marketplaces (classifieds) in emerging markets. As one of the first hires I was responsible for the overall quality and performance of the product interface. The company grew to become the highest ranked classified site in three countries, employing over 500 people.
- Built and launched an adaptive low-bandwidth mobile site optimized for internet access in developing countries.
Front-End DeveloperAinoJune 2009 - August 2011 | Gothenburg, Sweden
Aino is a leading web agency collaborating with some of the biggest adveritisng agencies to deliver high quality digital expierences to various clients.
- Built a responsive website for Nudie Jeans including the Nudie Jeans fitguide with Backbone.js (replacing their legacy flash app)
- Developed the main website for SSRS (Swedish Sea Rescue Society) including an interactive weather forecast web app.
- Built website for the Gothenburg Opera House (opera.se), along with a custom CMS backend
Front-End Developer InternNetRelationsApril 2008 - August 2008 | Gothenburg, Sweden
As an intern at NetRelations I learned about the importance of accessibility, performance and building ressiliant front-end applications.
- NetRelations is primarily a .NET shop running most of their client work on SharePoint and EPIServer which gave me valuable insights into the Microsoft application stack.